We all walk for enjoyment, but it helps if everybody follows these simple guidelines.
- Please arrive at the designated start point at least 15 minutes before the stated time - walks start promptly.
- Call the leader if you would like more information about the walk or meeting place, or, in case of severe weather, phone before 8am to check arrangements
- For other than half day walks and linear walks (unless otherwise stated) please bring a picnic lunch to eat in the open air.
- Everyone participating in Ramblers walks and other activities does so at their own risk.
- Dogs, under control, are welcome on our walks at the leader's discretion, except where noted.
- Our Long walks are generally led at a moderate, sometimes brisk, pace, and we have stops for coffee and lunch. The short walks tend to be a little slower, with a midway coffee break finishing at lunchtime.
- Please make sure that you are fit enough to undertake the walk you intend to join. If you're unsure of your fitness level, try a short walk first: it's much better to find a walk a little too slow and easy than to make yourself miserable and exhausted.
- Most walks are off-road in rural areas. Please have suitable footwear and clothing for the walk you intend to join, and bring some food and drink, even if the walk includes a pub or café break. Leaders may refuse to accept participants who in their opinion are inadequately equipped or unfit. When in doubt, contact the organisers or the walk Leaderin advance.
- For your own and others' safety please read and abide by any advice and guidelines issued by the organisers, and Linear Walks the instructions of the walk Leader. Though walking is inherently one of the safest outdoor activities, no activity is completely without risk and it is your responsibility to behave sensibly and to minimise the potential for accidents to occur.
- Under 18s and vulnerable adults are welcome on our walks providing the walk is suitable for them as individuals, and providing they are accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Our group is open to all members of The Ramblers whether or not they live in East Surrey. Prospective members are welcome to come on two or three walks before joining East Surrey walkers via the Ramblers. The cost to join the Ramblers varies from individuals to couples, students and other special categories. If you wish to join our group please email the Membership Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
When on-line you can click the link after the OS Grid Reference (GR) - e.g. TQ488517 - to view a map of the start location on Streetmap.co.uk. Although we may publish a PostCode, for many rural locations the nearest PostCode may not be that close to the actual start point. But if you need a nearest PostCode for your SatNav, then you can find it on Streetmap by clicking: 'Click here to convert coordinates'.
For the Wednesday LINEAR walks, always confirm the meeting and transport details with Bryan or Nick beforehand, in case arrangements have changed.